Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPDo
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Upgrading to fibre after new connection to ADSL

Go to solution

Hi All,

I recently moved into a new build property and after much difficulty managed to get a BT line installed and connected to ADSL with ok speeds 3 days ago. I know the cabinet I am connected to is FTTC enabled and there is capacity for me to upgrade to BT Infinity. Indeed when I enter my phone number into the Openreach Fibre Availability Checker it tells me that I can order fibre, however the BT Infinity site says no. When I check my phone number on the bt dslchecker it tells me I am connected to cabinet and exchange I thought I was but it lists no services not even ADSL it just says:

Fixed Rate1 ----Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

Do I just need to patient and wait for database updates or is this a datbase issue I need to do something about?

Thanks

James

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Upgrading to fibre after new connection to ADSL

Go to solution

I would give it 7 days for the database to be corrected. How do you know there is capacity at the cabinet?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
As above, takes a little while for all of the databases to align.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
JPDo
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you. The BTOpenreach guy who connected line at the cabinet said there was plenty of space...
0 Ratings
JPDo
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you - I will let you know how I get on

0 Ratings
JPDo
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Database updated and order placed today

Thanks again

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Great! Enjoy

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings