Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianj
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Upload causes Broadband to drop out

Hi

I have Business Broadband and recently the connection seems to drop out 6-7 times each day. I seem to have no luck with having BT investigate as it seems that as long as the connection comes back after turning the router on and off again (it does), then in BT's eyes you don't have a problem.

I have done my best to find patterns and I have found that it always happens when we are in the middle of a large file upload and then *any* download activity will kill the entire connection. Sometimes it recovers but in most cases I have to reset the router to get  the connection back.

I have bt broadband at home and have never experienced anything like this. Its just solid for weeks on end.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem or would like to offer any clues why its happening? The frustrating BT support staff flow chart of Line Test->Reset Router->"Anything else i can do for you sir?" doesn't seem to cater for my problem hence my posting to this forum.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards

Ian

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upload causes Broadband to drop out

welcome the forum

however as this is a forum for BT residential customers you really need to post your problem on the business forum  http://business.forums.bt.com/   sorry

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ianj
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Upload causes Broadband to drop out

Apologies..thanks for letting me know...

Ian

0 Ratings