Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MR-T
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Upload speed drop.

Go to solution

Hi All,

My BT Infinity upload speed has dropped from 18 meg up, to 10 meg up, not really had any issues with the service recently BTW still reports upload profile os 20 meg, downstream has also dropped from 59 meg to 54 meg.

I have switched the router off a couple of time but am not keen on switching off the modem in case DLM kicks in and makes things even worse, i am still using Home hub 3 and not had any real problems with it.

I did check the firmware on the HH3 and its not been updated since 2013, any idears anyone? or shall i just wait and see if it corrects itself at some point.

I am using an ethernet connection.  

Regards

MR-T.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Upload speed drop.

Go to solution

Hi MR-T,

Please post you BT Home Hub 5 stats: http://192.168.1.254 > Troubleshooting > Helpdesk.

Please do a BT speed test: http://speedtester.btwholesale.com

Please post results from BT Broadband Availability Checker, remember to delete out your phone number: http://dslchecker.bt.com

Please do a quiet line test. Dial 17070 and select option 2. The line should be quiet.

Are you connected to the test socket using a microfilter or are you connected via a SSFP?

0 Ratings
MR-T
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Willian_Grimsley.

Sorry i cant give you the HH5 stats, i dont have one, i have an HH3.

Your link to btw site is not working but i had it anyway, cant seem to post it, but its showing 55Meg down 6.9Meg up

IP Profile 56.64M down, 20M up, yesterday my profile was 60M down 20M up, so thats dropped yet again, line length is not great at 599metres despite me being only 300metres from the cab.

Quiet line test hissing no crackles, but line to exchange is very long over 4k.

Filter is the large openreach one with the two sockets, i should add i dont use the phone at all, and its never plugged in,

Sorry i cant copy and post any stats.

Bt availability checker says A 75M down 20M up, or B 60m down 20M up, B is the best i have ever got.

I think its a case of wait and see, some noise is getting in someware and changing the SNR.

Regards

MR-T

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Quiet line test should return a quiet result. Report a phone line fault. Don't mention broadband.

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I would plug the phone in, dial 17070, select option 2, and listen for a while to see if there is any noise.

Also ring your phone from a mobile, and let it ring for a minute or so.

0 Ratings
MR-T
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for all your help, i have just plugged in the phone to do a quiet line test and guess what no dial tone at all, will ring BT and report a fault 😞

I am surprised the Broadband is still working.

Regards

MR-T

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

It will still work with one wire disconnected, but performance will be poor.

Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@MR-T Sorry, here is the correct link: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

MR-T
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

Just a follow up BT Openreach chap just rang me, as suspected a wire for my line was pulled out, line seems to be working, tried a quiet line test, half way through putting in 17070 i get a dial tone, so unable to perform that test.

Speed down has dropped again and is now 52 Mbps but upstream has improved and is now 15 Mbps, so both are down compared to a week ago.

I suspect it may take a while for DLM to return to normal after the fault.

Many thanks to you all for the advice over the last few days, finger crossed no more issues. 🙂

Regards

MR-T.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
could be up to 2/3 weeks for DLM action
0 Ratings