Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenTheCalm
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Upload speed issues

Go to solution

Hi all, I've noticed this has been an issue for a fair few people on the forums but the solution is never posted as far as I am aware.

My current download speed is 79Mbps and yet my upload speed is 0.03Mbps.

Had an engineer round today who said he's done everything he can on this end, he left here telling me to disconnect the router for 15 mins to see if it would calm down. He then left before checking if it worked, it didn't.

As for the "technical support" line,  it's hard to inform them of a problem when they are obviously working from a script.

Does anyone know who i can talk to or what it is that is causing this issue?

Many thanks 

Stephen

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Upload speed issues

Go to solution

if you have a hh5 can you go to hub manager thehn troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats 1-12  can you also run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diganostic test and post results   test should be done with wired conenction

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StephenTheCalm
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

yeah this is what it comes up with every time

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 75.35 Mbps

0 Mbps77.43 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 75.35 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-77.43 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 77.43 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.08 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.08Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

did you or the engineer reset the hub back to facutory setting using the recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 secs until lights flash?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
StephenTheCalm
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

yeah we've done that too, I don't know if it helps but from BT's end the line tells them we're recieving full 80MB download and 20Mb upload?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

if you have done factory reset then you need another engineer visit and hopefully a better engineer  the mods will post a contact us link 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
Do you have a Homehub5 ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Hi StephenTheCalm, 

Thanks for your post. 

Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take it from there. 

Cheers,

OlhaC 

0 Ratings
StephenTheCalm
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

I'll do that 🙂 do you think this could be an issue at the exchange? It's the only place the engineer didn't check

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

If you have a HH5, can you post your line stats from the HH5 please? These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254

Lines 1-13 will be enough

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂