Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Upload speed limited to 448kbps

Go to solution

Hi there

I'm on a fairly slow rural connection, but I generally sync at around 3000kbps down. Upload always syncs at 448kbps, although my Billion 7800DXL reports that the available rate up is double that.

From reading other threads on here, I suspect that I'm on an ADSL Max connection due to the sub 8mbps projected speed.

I believe my exchange should support ADSL2/ADSL2+ - would it be possible for somebody to investigate for me?

Here are my results from https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html - many thanks in advance.

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number 01638xxxxxx on Exchange KENTFORD is served by Cabinet 14

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 1--1 to 3.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 1--0.75 to 2.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Copper Multicast------Available

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Upload speed limited to 448kbps

Go to solution

looks like exchange is 21Cn enabled  can you post the adsl stats from your router first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for your response.

Here are stats taken from the Billion router - hopefully this covers what is needed. I can connect the BT Homehub tonight and get stats from that if necessary:

xDSL
ModeADSL_G.dmt
Traffic TypeATM
StatusUp
Link Power StateL0

DownstreamUpstream
Line Coding (Trellis)OnOn
SNR Margin (dB)3.316.0
Attenuation (dB)58.531.5
Output Power (dBm)18.112.4
Attainable Rate (Kbps)3824956

Rate (Kbps)3104448
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

no don't bother causing a rest to change hubs

your noise margin is low at 3.3db as normal is 6db.  adsl2 is far more aggressive on line noise and with a long line may cause drops in connection if you have any line noise on a low noise margin

what interent connection time is there?  not system time from the router which is normally different

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi there

I have lowered the noise margin margin to 3db manually, which is one of the main features of these modems. I would expect to need to play with this and maybe use different values (or leave it to default) on an ADSL2 connection. I can also force the connection to drop back to ADSL Max manually if ADSL2 proves to be an issue on my line, so I'm happy with the repurcussions of changing.

The connection duration is currently showing as 20:07:17 - so just over 20 hours. It reconnected at that point because I lowered the SNR in stages - it was a manual disconnect, essentially.

Best regards

Dan

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

see if the mods can help you get changed to adsl2  they will post a contact us link  I think initially I would set noise margin back to normal 6db and then see if adsl2 is stable before tweaking noise margi to create a bit more speed

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi dwalker109, 

Thanks for posting. 

I can certainly take a look at your connection and see what can be done. 

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks very much OlgaC, I have completed the email form as requested.

Best regards

Dan

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

A quick update on this. My upload speed was capped at 448kbps (I was already on ADSL2 apparrently). This has now been lifted and my upload has gone up to about 620kbps - considering the length of my line, I'm happy with that.

Thanks to all concerned, really appreciate all your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

thanks for update