cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
het_uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: Upload speed still blatantly non existant

Have you tried via wired and wireless connections to the HH?

0 Ratings
richy17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

In terms of compatibility you need a router with a VDSL modem (like the hoome hub 5) or a VDSL modem itself (open reach).  Its a good idea to get another engineer visit arranged but you will have to inform BT to send another router/modem in the mean time as this could be where your problem lies.  

Im not sure what your engineer has done but I would like to think if hes had half a clue he would have tested the connection from your socket on the wall so if hes tested everything after the router and youve tested everything before, this is now looking like the common denominator.

Another thing, did the engineer change the faceplate on the original visit?  Mine almost didnt, he was about to walk out the door then came back as he had forgot as my old one looked like the new one.  When he did and restested it, my speed increased massively. Have you tried plugging the router into the master socket and maybe changing the cable?  You could also try a factory reset on it.

If BT are dragging their heels on sending new equipment you can pick up an openreach modem on ebay for around £10-15, at least this will give you an idea where the problem is

0 Ratings
StephenTheCalm
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

Cheers for the feedback!

Had a new hub delivered today with the same results, well actually there was no physical upload speed according to the test.

Interestingly from the wall the engineer found an 80:20 download:upload

Both hubs were the HH5 and the faceplate on the master socket was replaced

I've even gone as far as checking all wires for continuity with 0 resistence in any of them

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 16

Can you post your line stats from the HH5 please? These are in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254

Lines 1-13 will be enough

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
StephenTheCalm
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

where do i find those lines?

0 Ratings
ray_dorset