Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NTTaylor
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Upstream rate capped at 448Kbps

Go to solution

Hi!

It's a little bit of a last resort posting here, I just haven't made any progress at all with contacting BT through any other means.

I am on the end of a fairly long rural line. My cabinet was upgraded to fibre some time last year, but due to the length of the line it isn't available to me. My downstream rate can vary a bit depending on conditions, usually between 1.6-2.4Mbps but has been stable at just under 2.4Mbps for the last few months.

My upstream, however, has religiously been at 448Kbps (or under when there were faults on the line) ever since having my service activated. I know a higher upstream is possible as it was higher with both previous ISPs. We also have a second line to the property with a different ISP that receives a higher upstream.

After a little bit of reading this lead me to think that I'm currently on ADSL Max? If this is the case is there anything I can do about it? 

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Upstream rate capped at 448Kbps

Go to solution

Enter your phone number and post results remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

post stats from your router please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NTTaylor
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Capture.JPG

These are the router stats, it's only just sunk in the the modulation type pretty much indicates what I was thinking I believe.

Line Status:Connected

DSL Modulation Type:ADSL_G.dmt

Annex Type:Annex A/L

Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)
SNR Margin (dB)
Line Attenuation (dB)
Errors (Pkts)
0 Ratings
Technonerd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Yeah, you're on ADSL Max, but fortunately ADSL2+ is available to you. Just need one of the CL's to notify a mod now, who'll be able to sort out the upgrade for you.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

just as expected you have been put on adslmax because of low potential speeds.  I have asked mods to try and get you upgraded to adsl2 and they will post here with help 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@NTTaylor Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to check if this is something that can be organised. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @NTTaylor Thanks for sending over your details. I've placed the order to change you over to ADSL2 and this will complete tomorrow. Please check your connection after the order is completed and post back to let us know how your connection is performing.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
NTTaylor
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Fantastic! Thank you all for your help and quick responses 🙂 

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @NTTaylor I called earlier. I just wanted to check how your connection is performing.

Please post back and let me know.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
NTTaylor
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2, sorry for missing your call yesterday!

It seems to be nice and stable at the moment, my upstream rate has more than doubled too. My downstream rate has reduced by a fair bit but I think that's probably due to the line length and the attenuation frequency differences between ADSL Max and 2+. Whether the extra upload speed is worth it I will have to see!

0 Ratings