Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 24

Re: Urgent - VERY slow BT Broadband

Are you still connected to the test socket?  Can you post  up to date stats from your hh4. Can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results. 

Contacting the mods is by invite only. Sending a PM wont get mod help

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alex2014
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response. Ok, I will complete the test again.

I am now completing the test with the line connected to the test socket via a microfilter. My laptop is directly connected to the Home Hub4 using an Ethernet cable. No other devices are connected to the Internet.

- ADSL Line settings

Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 00:07:33
Downstream: 1.586 Mbps
Upstream: 391.7 Kbps

Event log (from Hub 4) does not show any noise measurement.

- Btspeedtest results (from http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/):

Download speed: 1.12 Mbps
Upload speed: 0.15 Mbps
Ping Latency: 38.63ms

Those results seem very slow, so I am doing a re-run of the Btspeedtest.

- 2nd Btspeedtest results:

Dowload speed: 1.15 Mbps
Upload speed: 0.15 Mbps
Ping Latency: 88.75ms

I click on "Further Diagnostics" and enter my phone number.

Here are the results:

Best Effort test:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.15 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.8 Mbps-2 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 1.43 Mbps

Upstream Test:

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.15Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

Now, testing the connection via speedtest.net

Here are the results:

Ping: 15ms
Download speed: 1.01 Mbps
Upload speed: 0.20 Mbps

Now, doing the Bt Broadband Availability Checker test from https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Here are the results:

Telephone Number 0207... on Exchange BAYSWATER is served by Cabinet 50

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    

FTTC Range A (Clean)8079.52019.9--30-Apr-14
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8070.22017.9--30-Apr-14

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 12.5--8.5 to 16.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 12.5Up to 18.5 to 16.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 6.5--5.5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
FTTP on Demand33030--30-Apr-14
Fibre Multicast------30-Apr-14
Copper Multicast------Available

Event log (from Hub 4) still does not show any noise measurement.

I tried to watch some Youtube videos, but still constant buffering.

end of the testing.

What do you think? 

Is it possible to receive an invite to contact a mod or is there anything else I can try to do?

Thank you very much

Alex

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

you need to be able to show 3 days + stable connection before the mods will get involved
0 Ratings
alex2014
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Hello john46,

Thanks for your message

When I did the first tests and wrote the original post on this thread a few days ago describing the problem I have been having for weeks, the test was showing 7 days:

ADSL Line settings:
Connection time: 7 days, 21:51:35
Downstream: 1.898 Mbps
Upstream: 379.9 Kbps

The only reason it is showing 0 days now is because imjolly requesting that I run the Btspeedtester again with the line connected to the test socket. So I had to reconnect the Internet before to run that test.

I sincerely appreciate you trying to help and I have no problem waiting a couple more days if that's needed, but I don't think it is the case here. Am I wrong?

Thank you very much 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 24

As posted the mods need 3days + connection before they will become involved as you are now connected to the test socket it needs leaving there for this time scale to elapse this is to allow for the DLM to do its job automatically
0 Ratings
alex2014
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

I understand. I'll leave the connection to the test socket and make the test again in 3 days.

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Tarmanel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Hi to the  OP,

Try running your phone number through this site, and when you get your speed, run further diagnostics, below the graphic that will appear, you will see something called an IP Profile speed, please can you check what this is? BT seem to have recurrent issues for a number of posters where the profile resets from 8Mb (stable) to 2Mb and never goes back without manual intervention - could be yours has reset to a low profile speed?

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 24

@Tarmanel wrote:

Hi to the  OP,

Try running your phone number through this site, and when you get your speed, run further diagnostics, below the graphic that will appear, you will see something called an IP Profile speed, please can you check what this is? BT seem to have recurrent issues for a number of posters where the profile resets from 8Mb (stable) to 2Mb and never goes back without manual intervention - could be yours has reset to a low profile speed?

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Sorry but the OP is on 21CN adsl2.  the profile problem you describe only happens on adslmax

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
alex2014
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Hello imjolly and john46,

I was away for 2 weeks. I came back a few days ago and still have the same problem with the Internet. It's so slow that I am not able to almost do anything and this is really frustrating. 

So, as you requested above; I connected the line to the test socket and let it there. The line has been connected to the test socket now for over 3 days. My laptop is directly connected to the Home Hub4 using an Ethernet cable. No other devices are connected to the Internet.

Here are the test results:

From Hub 4

1) ADSL Line settings

Connection time: 3 days, 11:02:05
Downstream: 1.68 Mbps
Upstream: 371.4 Kbps

2) The last noise measurements taken by the Hub 4 (from event log in Advanced Settings) are the following ones:

05:31:47, 20 Apr. ( 107.880000) PPPoA is up - VPI: 0, VCI:38
05:36:05, 20 Apr. ( 366.790000) DSL noise margin: 6.00 dB upstream, 5.30 dB downstream
05:36:03, 20 Apr. ( 364.870000) DSL line rate: 371 Kbps upstream, 1719 Kbps downstream

3) Btspeedtest results (from http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/):

Download speed: 1.51 Mbps
Upload Speed: 0.29 Mbps
Ping Latency: 40.63ms

I click on "Further Diagnostics" and enter my phone number.

Here are the results:

Best Effort test:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.51 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.8 Mbps-2 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 1.51 Mbps

Upstream Test:

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.29Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83Mbps

4) Now, doing the speedtest from http://diagnostics.bt.com

Here are the results:

speed coming into your house from telephone exchange: 1.72 Mbps (please note that I remember having a speed of about 10-15Mbps when I tested it via speedtest.net after signing up with BT (Bt Broadband Unlimited) a few months ago. So there is definitively a problem with the huge drop in speed from the exchange since a few weeks ago)

speed you get at your computer:
Download speed: 1.52Mb
Upload speed: 0.32Mb

Indicator shows: Poor

5) Now, testing the connection via speedtest.net

Here are the results:

Ping: 15ms
Download speed: 1.52Mbps
Upload speed: 0.31 Mbps

6) Now, doing the Bt Broadband Availability Checker test from https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Here are the results:

Telephone Number 0207... on Exchange BAYSWATER is served by Cabinet 50

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    

FTTC Range A (Clean)8079.52019.9--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8070.22017.9--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 12.5--8.5 to 16.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 12.5Up to 18.5 to 16.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 6.5--5.5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
FTTP on Demand33030--Available
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

Again, I am getting about 200kbps download speed when downloading internet files. (I am not even talking about the time it took to upload a 3Mb file on Gmail) I am still not able to watchYoutube videos or web tutorials.

End of testing.

I have had this problem for weeks now and I desperately need to get some help now. I hope those last tests can convince you that there is definitively a problem and that someone can refer me to one of the moderators to finally look into this.

What do you think?

Thank you very much

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 24

your connection speed is still very low compared to wholesale checker but your noise margin is also about norrmal suggesting no scope for improvement.  as you should have about 12mb maybe more the mods will need to help you 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings