cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BB4ALL
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Urgent help needed or advice ASAP

Here is my tale of woe with BT. It all started on the 11th September 2016 when I had just returned from a magical holiday in Kenya after leaving on the 25th August. Now these dates are very important in this case. On my return home I switched on the elctricity again, fired up my Hub 5, BT Vision set top box, and switched the phone back on. While it was booting up I made a cup of tea and returned to my seat onlyto find the Hub flash an orange light. Silly me thinking it was only a small problem I switched off and restarted the procedure, only to find the same thing. I picked up the phone which ws also dead as a doornail, so stupid me thinking it had to be a line fault I called BT to report it on my mobile. Then horror struck, I was told that there was no fault on that line and all was in order with it. I said I would need a technician to call fix it and then they asked for my address, it was only then I found out my account had been closed and I was to contact accounts for the reason. I said there must be some mistake but no it wasn't a mistake, because shortly after the call I picked out my mail that had been delivered to my address and found one from BT stating that someone wanted to take over my line at home and had I not replied to the letter by the 9th Septmber my account would be closed and services removed. On contacting them on several occasions, being angry with these people is quite easy but they're also only doing their job, but such is life and most will understand the frustration in contacting BT in that far off land called India.

How can someone who's 4500 miles away in another country, answer a posted letter from BT and Royal Mail delivered through their door in the UK respond in that period of time when they're not there to do that.? By the way the letter from BT is dated the 25th August so it would have landed inside my door at home possibly on the 27th or 29th September.

Anyhow I have now received an account for £188.21 of which £55.52 I have paid as this was for the services BT gave me during their billing period up to the 10th September but I am refusing to pay the remainder as I feel that I am not in breach of contract. I feel that BT are to blame for this, yet the best I can get is because of their attitude in all this I have installed Virgin broadband which is just the same as BT's Infinity. They insist that to have these charges removed I must re-apply to have my services reconnected which because of their attitude I have refused. I have told now four people that BT must take me to court over the outstanding monies and they stick to their offer. How can I now cancel Virgin after what BT have done to me. Their whole customer service seem to be reading from a printed letter stating that they will not deviate from their suggestion to reinstate my services which I must then wait for up to two weeks to get reconnected. You must be having a laugh BT at all the fear you put into customers because if I don't pay the bill I'll be threatened by court officers taking my property away, blacklisting me etc etc. Is this the way for a massive British company to treat customers. What must I do.? Any help/advice/assistance will be read and taken in by whoever sends it to me. Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Urgent help needed or advice ASAP

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 3 of 3

Re: Urgent help needed or advice ASAP

Hi @BB4ALL,

We'll be able to look into all of this for you and do our best to help. If we can't, we'll let you know what your options are. You can get in touch with us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take at least 5 working days for us to respond to your ticket but we will.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings