Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minxy
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Urgent help please ref forgotten pin!

Go to solution

Hi all, I've recently bought a set of two BT 7610 phones and need to alter some of the call setting and whilst I don't remember setting up a PIN it keeps asking for one!  Can someone please tell me how I can get the pin number, or alternatively how I can set it up again with a number I'll remember - resetting the handset doesn't have any effect.

Ta

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Urgent help please ref forgotten pin!

Go to solution

Hi there,

have you downloaded the user manual.

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/3299178/1380725603/redirect/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xN...

I don't know if the information you want is there but it is 90 pages long so I don't have time to have a good look.

Edit

Page 59 says the default pin is 0000  and you can change it to one of your choice...

Minxy
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Yes, I have already gone through the user manual but the 0000 doesn't work and now I can't make any calls either as it asks for the blooming pin all the time.
0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Is there a helpline number there, may be worth a call.  (0800 2182182)

Maybe a silly question, but have you tried another phone to see if you can make calls from your line.

0 Ratings
Minxy
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Hi, thanks for the suggestions, I've managed through trial and error to unlock it and can now use it again! Phew!
Wall1940
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I have the same phone but a different problem. 

I've read the manual but cannot find the answer.

Whenever you ring anyone now, you get a menu of choices. 

My 7610 quad set won't give the correct beep to select an option, even though, to my ears, it is making different tones. Is there anything I can do about that?

0 Ratings