cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Usage - Spurious Usage - BT online vs HomeHub

Here is a screenshot of my broadband usage - suggesting usage of >30GB in 24 hours (see usage updates):

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 19.25.14 anon.png

And here is the usage on my home hub on the same connection (with today's news):

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 19.24.23 anon.png

So >30GB via BT and yet 4.1GB in 4 days from the hub.

Any insights? Presumably BT have a problem with usage monitoring - would they have volunteered this information or just happily charged me for the excess usage? 

Do you think this merits making a formal complaint +/- asking to move provider before the contract end?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Usage - Spurious Usage - BT online vs HomeHub

@davideyre wrote:

Here is a screenshot of my broadband usage - suggesting usage of >30GB in 24 hours (see usage updates):

And here is the usage on my home hub on the same connection (with today's news):

So >30GB via BT and yet 4.1GB in 4 days from the hub.

Any insights? Presumably BT have a problem with usage monitoring - would they have volunteered this information or just happily charged me for the excess usage? 

Do you think this merits making a formal complaint +/- asking to move provider before the contract end?

Hi.

Unfortunately the hub usage resets after about 5GB usage (perhaps just over 4.3GB), affecting all hubs 3-5 apparently. So a direct comparison is impossible.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Usage - Spurious Usage - BT online vs HomeHub

well that explains why I use 100GB a month and my home hub always reckons I only iuse a few!

What a complete waste of space the home hub info is!

0 Ratings