cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevec59
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Usage allowance

I am on the Option 1 package, so 10gb, at christmas I went ove 15.05, so I was chared an extra £10, £5 for the first 5gb, and another £5 fro the 0.05 gb, I thought that was a bit unfair, I do go over most moths, but until by package is up for renewal probably not worth upgrading.

It's a shame that BT don't carge £1 per 1GB over, or if I could have the 9.95gb added to the next month.

We live in hope...

Steve

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Usage allowance

You can upgrade anytime if you wish, there is no penalty, you just start another contract.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36397/c/346,402,5685

0 Ratings
stevec59
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

True, but if I wait until the end of my cotract I will get a better deal!

Steve

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

@stevec59 wrote:

It's a shame that BT don't carge £1 per 1GB over

They did but changed it a year or two ago. As you've discovered, it's more profitable that way.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
chrisii2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Its disgusting charging an extra fiver say if you go over only 1GB,should be £1 per GB yyou go over

Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

@chrisii2012 wrote:

Its disgusting charging an extra fiver say if you go over only 1GB,should be £1 per GB yyou go over

It's widely available knowledge. Don't go over, or if you do upgrade, it's simple.

I do feel for the OP though, that is a hell of a lot of money. I don't want to sound awful but you're most likely to get the repsonse of "it's the customers responsbility to check their bill" 😞

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
stevec59
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

'I do feel for the OP though, that is a hell of a lot of money. I don't want to sound awful but you're most likely to get the repsonse of "it's the customers responsbility to check their bill" :smileysad:'

Agreed, but there again if the usage monitor was real time, that would give me more chance of not going over, but I guess BT want me to go over, easy way to make money.

Bring back price per GB i SaySmiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

You have a real time usage monitor in your home hub providing you don't turn it off or get any disconnections.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

@Webby wrote:
You have a real time usage monitor in your home hub providing you don't turn it off or get any disconnections.

That's true. Some people have reported being unable to access the monitor in MyBT so it might be helpful to show the path (HH2, others may vary):

192.168.1.254 in browser > Settings > Password > Advanced Settings > Broadband > Data Transmitted/Received

You may have to make notes to keep track, but it's better than nothing and right up to date. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings