cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy4
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Useless wish I'd never switched

Supposed to switch to BT on 7 th Dec and am still waiting. If I had any knowledge that this would happen I wouldn't have switched. Constantly promised that all will be resolved day after day now I just don't trust anything said only finally got a working telephone line on Tuesday and now still waiting for hub promised no chance before xmas now.
Does anyone know if I can swap to another sp I've really had enough and don't want this pathetic service or lack of service should I say.
Andy
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Useless wish I'd never switched

Welcome to this user forum.

Swapping now would introduce lots of delay, as all existing connections would have to be ceased, and you would start from beginning again.

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach (A BT Group Business) who work for all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media. BT Retail do not get any special treatment.

The broadband task cannot be issues until the phone has been activated, and closed off, as its needed during broadband commissioning.

Openreach are very busy at the moment, but are trying to get people connected by Christmas.

What did you order, normal broadband or BT Infinity?

0 Ratings
Andy4
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Infinity switch from talk talk and it's now at the stage I really don't care waiting for someone else.
You don't need to tell what goes on mate I'm ex openreach and know what it takes I've migrated a few. It's the excuses that are beyond belief.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Openreach now cease fibre connections when a change of provider takes place and that can cause delays particularly if the cabinet is full as the port is allocated to the next waiting customer  regardless of their provider and it can cause activation delays while waiting for capacity increases on the cabinet so changing provider could increase the wait even more

0 Ratings
Andy4
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

The equipment fault is in the exchange as per normal bring in contractors and they couldn't wire a plug. Switch should not involve anything more than equipment change in exchange. Now 3 weeks on from switch day and I have had no service not even a telephone line.
Your explanation would result in no-one switching providers and therefore no competition at all. So I'd like to know where you have got that information are you a bt employee.
As a further question about this situation if Bt could not perform the switch as per there promise for the 7 th why did they continue and not inform me that this could not be switched. Do you really think that anyone would continue to switch if they are told we don't have the capacity?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

fibre service are from the fibre cabinet adjacent to your PCP not the exchange as to the cease and reprovide it is a well posted fact on this forum
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

I suggest you do a google search you will find many cases this is just one

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Signed-up-but-cabinet-is-on-a-waiting-list-what-wil...
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read and no I am not a BT employee
0 Ratings
Andy4
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

What you are saying is no one should ever switch then there should be no competition.
If they cease and cannot reprovide the line nobody will ever switch in order to keep their line.
Just to clarify again this was a switch talk talk fibre to BT infinity on the black Friday deals and has resulted in my worst black December in history.
End result I will not continue with an sp that can't provide service. Still waiting for hub! Xmas eve another broken promise coming
Who knows an sp that provides what they say.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

The cease and reprovide applies to all IPS's not just BT it was an Openreach decision noting to do with any provider

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

that should show any cabinet capacity issues
0 Ratings