NoFitIt88
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Using 3rd Party Router With BT

Hi All

I would like to use the following setup at home;

BT Infinity 2 Fibre Connection

BT Openreach Huawei HG612 3B Modem

LINKSYS WRT1900ACS Router (Flashed with DD-WRT)

YouView Box (Humax DTRT4000)

I have managed to set it up so I can connect to the internet by setting the following in the WAN Connection Type;

Connection Type: PPPoE

Username & Password: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

I didn't touch any other settings in this section.

This is running fine however I am getting an error on my YouView box (IPC6023).

I was wondering if anyone else with a similar setup had any success if they could share their setting with me and also which DD-WRT version they were using?

(I have been reading you can flash the modem so you can access settings etc, but I am not sure if this is required for what I am trying to achieve so I haven't messed around with the modem at all.)

Thanks

George

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Using 3rd Party Router With BT

Not familiar with the DD WRT firmware, but you need to enable IGMP snooping wherever that option is.

0 Ratings
NoFitIt88
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the quick reply.

I done a bit of searching for IGMP snooping and found this article https://ivanov-audio.com/bt-internet-3rd-party-routers/.

I followed the guide but when I changed the WAN Port Assignment to br0 the router lost it's WAN connection and all my devices lost internet connection.

Regards

0 Ratings
sfacer
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

Did you find a solution? I also followed iconic guide to the dot , but no internet at all.

I think it's an absolute joke I can't have QoS and iptv working at same time(3rd party router required cos smarthub doesn't have QoS option) - it's 2018 .

Thanks
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@sfacer

There are plenty of routers that will do all what you want, and work with BT Youview, ever the £35 on as shown on my Forumhelp website. Look at menu item 5.

Configuration for QOS, bandwidth and YouView are also shown there.

You will need to connected to BT Broadband to access this link, and any other links I post.

0 Ratings