cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Using BT Email after switching broadband

I have recently switched from BT Broadband to another supplier and I am unclear as to whether or not I can continue to use the BT email account.

I have searched this forum but again nothing specific. Can someone help with whether I can continue to use my email account from BT without signing up for the premium service which BT has informed me to do. I have heard about using the Basic service but I don't know how to activate this.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Using BT Email after switching broadband

You can continue to access you BT email address address, but not via an email client , if you want to be able to continue to use it without a browser session then you need to sign up to the paid for ‘premium’ version... this is usually the point where the ‘I’m being blackmailed’ complaints arise, but some company’s simply delete your account , so you don’t  get  a choice.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

That's fine, I just want to know whether I need to do anything or will BT automatically downgrade my account to the basic one. Don't really go in for all this BT bashing to be honest, if I am not happy with them I will just move my email to another provider.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

A search ‘BT basic email’  brings up the information you need, apparently  you need to advise BT when you are leaving , asking to convert your email to basic, then you access it from BT.com

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

See link about types of BTMail and in particular the sub link about BTMail Basic.

BT Email products | BT Help

0 Ratings