cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Using BT Free wifi - cant log in

Go to solution

IMHO xxxx@btinternet.com is the surest way in.

xxx@btopenworld.com for example does not seem to have such a good track record.  

There may be others out there which are just as useless no good Smiley Wink

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
etaf
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

i thought it could be any email address -BUT that appears to not be the case - at least not for three people this week - all have a BTID all have a different email address - hotmail.com and tesco.net and gmail.com 

and BT Support all had to use a btinternet.com account 

so not sure why support are doing that on three separate calls (two called themselves direct and i dealt with one) over this week .

so somethign is not right , if you can use any email address 

cheers

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Did you have a look at the link I posted and the solution that OP posted.

0 Ratings
etaf
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Yes, I did , and checked the status and it did did not work for the none btinternet addresses

hence I then called the BT wifi help desk on the 0800 number 

AND thats when i got told it had to be a btinternet email 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

As far as I am aware, if you are an "old" user of BT internet and you were given a primary email address, ie xxx@btinternet.com when you first signed up, you have to use that to log onto BTWifi.

If you are a "new" BT Internet customer, you are not given a primary xxx@btinternet.com email address when you sign up.

You have to use your BTID to log onto BTWifi. When you set up your BTID in MyBT you don not need to set it up with a xxx@btinternet.com email address, any email address will do and this should allow you to log onto BTWifi.

You have to have it as an email address for it to work on BTWifi.

What did you use to set up your BTID. Did you have to set up a xxx@btinternet.com email adderess to be your BTID? 

etaf
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Brilliant - thanks for that explanation, that answers it perfectly 

These are accounts from a few years ago , and so would have setup a bt email address when they first signed up BUT never used them and then for bills and BTSport used there normal NON BT email address.

so as always you have managed to answer the situation perfectly 

As i'm always being asked about this - I can now use the status page for people - excellent thanks and then I can ask about the email 

is there anyway to see the BT email address on MYBT , so at least i can confirm with the user if they have a btimternet email setup - BUT never used, and they would not know the password 

cna i mark this is a best solution or somesort of reptutation thing for your profile ?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

I don't think there is a way to see if the user has a @btinternet.com email address via MyBT but you can go onto Live Chat and ask. They should be able to check the account and see what email address is registered against it. 

Link to Live Chat

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

0 Ratings
stanian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution
I use a BT internet email address and hotspots still won't work for me.
0 Ratings