Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Using BT Wifi public login is quicker than HomeHub 4 connection at home

the BTWIFI signal from a hub will only be available about 20m from the hub any further and you are very unlikley to connect

as I said you need to keep checking your cabinet to get order in as soon as capacity is increased

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Thanks again, and sorry to keep labouring the point, but if none of the houses within 50m are getting fibre how come I can get over 10x the speed when I log onto BT Wifi?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

this was a post about BTWIFI speeds last year - it may have changed but I have not seen anything to say it has  https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Discussions/BT-WIFI-with-FON-speed/td-p/1189060

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

So here are 3 speed tests that I consistently get the same results on.

1. From my BT Homehub 4. Exactly what I expect based on BT Wholesale etc: 

BT Homehub 4.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

then there is this one, when I connnect to BT Wifi with FON.

Always about 10-20% slower than my homehub, which I figure also makes sense because it's prob coming from the neighbour and I'm getting less than them.

BT wifi with FON.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

and finally this is the BT Wifi connection which is always around the 14-16mb mark, and feels 10x faster than the homehub.

BT Wifi.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

maybe I should just keep quiet and take the better speed regardless where its coming from.. but it's a little frustrating having to log in and some devices obvsiouly can't physically log in to BT Wifi.  It's just a little frustrating that BT aren't able to  connect to the much faster connection which is clearly not very far away 😞

0 Ratings