cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Using Home Hub 4 with TalkTalk after contract

Hi all,

Sorry if this is an FAQ, couldn't find clarification elsewhere on the forum. Basically I've relocated to my parents' home after living away for work for a while. My housemates and I were in a contract with BT for over a year at my old place, but I now wish to use the supplied Home Hub 4 on my parents' TalkTalk connection; it's simply a better piece of kit than TalkTalk's given router. Will I be able to do this without the BT police knocking on my door or dead contracts being revived etc? Many thanks in advance

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Using Home Hub 4 with TalkTalk after contract

As far as I am aware the software on the Homehub is locked in such away that you can not use the Homehub 4 on another ISP's network.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Well that's weird, I tried using the equipment with the TalkTalk connection (just to test) a few days ago and it seemed to work fine. Was able to browse the internet and using gaming devices online without any problem?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

After 12 months with BT any supplied equipment is yours to use or abuse as you wish, so if it works use it. How would BT know what you were doing with it anyway, even if they had police to knock on your door or the power to revive an expired contract unilaterally?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

If you recieved the router from bt when you subscribed to bt broadband, then no.

But if you bought the router seperatley then yes.

Hope this Helps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

if you have bought the hub from Bt and it is a HH4r then that is unlocked and will work with any ISP otherwise the hubs are locked to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings