cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markjr84
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Using Netgear N600 with BT Infinity 1 (FTTP)

Go to solution

Hi all,

I have looked around in the forums and on the netgear site but I can't seem to get the specific information I need in order to answer my question, so I thought I'd ask it here.

My set up: I have BT Infinity 1 - Fibre to the Premises. I have all the white Openreach equipment on my wall and I'm currently using the BT Hub 6.

Current problem: My BT Hub 6 has the "Green light of death" which means I have no internet. BT have run a test to say there is nothing Wrong with the connection and determined that it's the BT Hub so they are sending me a replacement. But it's going to take 3-4 working days. When working from home this is a problem.

Question: I have a Netgear N600 router which I used to use with my old ADSL connection I had a few weeks ago before I moved to BT. The Openreach Fibre engineer said I'd be able to use it is I didn't want to use the BT Hub, I just needed to connect it to the Openreach equipment using the "WAN" port. I have also seen online that I should be able to use this router. Does anyone know how I can set this up so I can have a connection while waiting for the replacement?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Using Netgear N600 with BT Infinity 1 (FTTP)

Go to solution

Does it have a WAN port? Then connect it to the fibre modem.

If so, then follow the setup wizard and select PPPoE connection.

User name bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password bt

markjr84
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes it does have a WAN port. 

I'll connect and configure it as per your instructions tonight and hopefully it should work.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

0 Ratings
markjr84
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Well the power of the internet has succeeded again!

It works! Thanks very much.

M

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thats good, you may be better to carry on using it, as its likely to perform better than the HH6.

0 Ratings
markjr84
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

That's what I was thinking, however, after testing speeds the wifi is significantly slower than the HH6. Wired devices are normal speeds.

Though I think it should still be ample speeds for the wireless devices.

0 Ratings