cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: Using Outlook

If you are currently only using webmail rather than a mail client, you are not using POP. Are you using a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox etc) to collect your email currently? Your reply earlier wasn't clear.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

You are not moving from POP to IMAP. You are setting up the Outlook email client for the first time so just set it up as IMAP.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

@gg30340 wrote:

You are not moving from POP to IMAP. You are setting up the Outlook email client for the first time so just set it up as IMAP.

Yes, but we are not sure if the OP is using a different client or webmail currently. Although it would appear he/she is using webmail we need confirmation.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 14 of 22

sorry not to be clear - I use Firefox but I'm glad to know that setting up Outlook as an IMAP isn't going to lose all my folders!
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 15 of 22

I currently go on-line with Firefox and my Home page opens which is BT.com. Then I click on 'email' and put in the email and password for which ever email I want to see/read. I did say I was a novice (a 'she' novice, in fact!)
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 16 of 22

By the way, you are both being very patient with me, for which, many thanks!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 22

No worries, we'll get there!! If you have more than one email address, you will need to set an account up for each on Outlook.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 18 of 22

That's okay. I thought that would be the case.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 19 of 22

I am sorry not to have been back in here for a few days. We have been away from home plus we have had a lot of power cuts, plus no phone, Broadband or even mobile signals.

One thing which is happening a lot is that Outlook stops responding for quite long periods. I've done a disc clean up and a defrag on my C drive thinking that might help but it hasn't. I wondered if there might be a conflict with Firefox? I have been using FF because I study with the OU and it is a supported platform. I have asked the OU which other platforms they support and if FF is conflicting then I know what I can switch to. Apologies if this comes across as a bit garbled but I am sure you will let me know... Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

Not sure why Outlook stops responding (perhaps you could clarify exactly what you mean by that) but I can assure you it won't conflict in any way with Firefox, I use both.

0 Ratings