Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 44

Using a Homehub 2.0

Go to solution

Hi,

Just reconnected my homehub 2.0 backup after having a BT engineer sort out some high resistance issues this morning.

Speed are slow still 0.7 Mb, though was 0.38Mb before that. I know i have to wait 10 tens, but was wondering if it might be an issue as im using a Homehub that i didnt receive.

i.e. had a Homehub 1.0 from previous house, which i have always used previously.. However, Dad gave me an old 2.0 which i have plugged in since.

a) does it matter, do BT need to be notified as it will change my settings

b) should i need to restore the 2.0 hub to factory defaults?

Cheers

0 Ratings
43 REPLIES 43
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 44

Re: Using a Homehub 2.0

Go to solution

You can use any homehub or router you want and you don't need to notify BT.

I would do a factory restore by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for 20 seconds. This will clear out any previous configuration settings and give you a clean sheet to start from. Just make sure the wireless passkey on the label is still readable before you do the reset as you'll need it to connect any wireless devices.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 44

Go to solution
The hh2 should be ok

Can you post the adsl stats. Go to 192.168.1.254 into your browser the go to advanced and post the adsl stats. Remember to show detail o get all error stats. Can you also run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 44

Go to solution

Hi thanks for the replies, ive gone to 192.168.1.254 but cant see any 'advanced option'? just details on my services and my networks...

I havent reset to factory defaults yet either, should i do this first?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 44

Go to solution
Shouldn't need t reset as stats there. Just look for the adsl. This may help. http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 44

Go to solution

Im guessing the details are hidden behind the password protected area, which my dad cant remember the password so i take it i should just reset the hub now anyways?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 44

Go to solution
If you can't remember password then you need to reset. From what i remember the password is the router seriel number shown on back unless changed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 44

Go to solution

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:05:40
Downstream576 Kbps
Upstream256 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)10.1 dB / 7.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)63.5 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)14.5 dBm / 12.0 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)795 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)0
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 44

Go to solution
you are on a very old fixed speed service
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 44

Go to solution
Are you connected to the test socket ? If not can you connect to test socket and repost stats

0 Ratings