cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serbusfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Using alternative router with Home Hub 5

Im am wanting to set up my TP LINK TD-W8960N as a router while using the HH5 as the modem. I have been sent a guide from TP Link so I know how to set up the connection but it needs a username and password to connect to the BT service. How do I find this out? Ive looked through my home hub settings but all I can find is bthomehub@btbroadband.com, surely I need a more personalised login?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Using alternative router with Home Hub 5

the login in the hub is same for all - authenticaion is your phone number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

The HH5 cannot be used as a standalone modem. You would have to obtain a separate modem.

I am assuming that you have an Infinity connection.

0 Ratings
serbusfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Oh, I was told I could use the Home Hub as the modem by TP Link.

If thats the case im not sure what to do, the TP Link isnt very old and I dont really want to buy another router, but I guess I will have to.

Yes it is an Infinity connection. The actual home hub is fine, the only problem I have is that you cannot open the same port/s for multiple devices, and as I have a number of gaming consoles this is a major problem.

My PS4 is setup fine, but I the Xbox One shares many of the same ports and currently has a strick NAT and 150ms ping because I cant open ports for it.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You could buy an Openreach modem for about £20 from an auction site and use that instead of the HH5 and connected your TP-Link to the modem by WAN port. 

0 Ratings