cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dannyf456
Message 1 of 4

Using another Router

I have recently changed from sky to bt infinity option 3. I would like my sky router to be used to extend the range of my internet. Now I would like to know how to link it and how to control it because I have no clue what to do with it. I would like it to wirelessly connect to my infinity modem so that I can plug stuff in  to my sky broadband router and use it wirelessly as well. I also dont really know it is a router or modem. Please could someone help me. I was thinking, would I have to set it to a wifi mode or something????

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using another Router

Hi dannyf456, Welcome to the Forums 🙂

What I believe you are wanting to do is basically use your old Wireless Router as a wireless dongle for devices which can hardwire into it?

This is only possible on very few routers I think (The HomeHub v1 can do it I believe).

Is there any chance you can post your Sky Router Model so I can have a quick look around to see if it can do it?

Cheers

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
dannyf456
Message 3 of 4

I belive it is a Sagem F@ST 2504

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

sky routers used to be locked to sky just like bt lock their hubs - unless changed recently

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings