cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
follyexmoor
Message 1 of 3

Using more than one computer

Go to solution

My computer is connected to the home hub by an Ethernet cable.  If I connect a second computer by wireless to  the the same hub,  will both computers be fully usable simultaneously?

Two of us will need to work at the same time in different parts of the house without interfering with each other, both having full use of email, Internet, search engines etc.  Any advice, please?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Using more than one computer

Go to solution

@follyexmoor wrote:

My computer is connected to the home hub by an Ethernet cable.  If I connect a second computer by wireless to  the the same hub,  will both computers be fully usable simultaneously?

Two of us will need to work at the same time in different parts of the house without interfering with each other, both having full use of email, Internet, search engines etc.  Any advice, please?

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

You can have many, many users on one hub using ethernet or wireless Smiley Happy

The only interference might be if you both wish to download large files/videos at the same time (if you have the Infinity package, this us somewhat negated) - since you will have to share the connection. Apart from that, it will be fine.

I'd hazard a guess that mnay, if not most, folk these days have more than one computer connected to their hub (either via ethernet or wireless).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Using more than one computer

Go to solution

no problem  both will work fine.  only problem if 1 computer is downloading the other computer may seem a bit slower than normal until the download completes  in general it will be ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings