Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thenameDS
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Using my Asus RT-N66U

Go to solution

Hi,

We just moved to a new are and our previous fibre provider (VM) do not have a service here.

So we are now using infinity. Our line is scheduled to be activated Tuesday so I'm just trying to get some information before then.

The house we moved into already has the Openreach master socket and a ethernet cable fits into the top socket.

Am I right in thinking I can just plug in my Asus router straight like that or would I still need the HH5 then plug the Asus into it?

Also am I right in thinking the Asus is much better than the HH5 BT provide?

Thanks 😄

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Using my Asus RT-N66U

Go to solution

The asus is just a router so you cannot connect to master socket you will need an openreach modem or use the hh5 which has modem built in

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Using my Asus RT-N66U

Go to solution

The RT N66U is just a router and doesn't have an inbuilt VDSL modem so you will be unable to just plug it straight in. The HH5 doesn't have a modem only mode either so will be messy (but not impossible) to use in conjunction with the Asus. If you wish to continue using the Asus, your best bet is to buy an Openreach modem from the well known auction site or a standalone VDSL modem such as a Draytek Vigor130.

0 Ratings