Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Using my own router with Infinity

Go to solution

I currently have FTTC with another ISP but switching to BT Infinity in a couple of weeks. I'm happy with my current setup (HG612 plus my own router) and know that plenty of other customers are using their own own kit with BT Infinity.

My question is - on the day of the switchover to Infinity, do I need to connect the Home Hub 5 or can I simply change the username/password in my current setup? In other words, do BT expect to see the the HH5 connected to make sure that I keep opted in to BT Wifi, etc?

I'm prepared to use the HH5 for a few days if it will make sure that I keep all the 'extras'.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Using my own router with Infinity

Go to solution

you can connect the modem and use your own router with no problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. So, just to clarify, I can just keep things as they are and simply change the PPPoE username/password in the router? BT don't expect to see the HH5 connected at least once?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

only reason that hh5 would be needed if you were getting engineer visit for install but if self install then just connect modem change username and password in router and that should work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Great, thanks.

The HG612 and router have been connected and working for months now so it should be a straightforward migration.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

hope it all goes well

0 Ratings