cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Using second router to extend wifi range

I have a Home Hub 3 installed in our study and would like to extend its wifi range as we have some dead spots in the house.

I have two old routers (Netgear DG834G & D-Link DSL-2640R) can either of these be configured as repeaters for the hub's wifi? If so what setting do I need to set in them?

Thank you in advance.

James

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Using second router to extend wifi range

this was compiled by CL Keith which will help your  http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/index.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Look at my link that has been posted. You will have to actually connect them by cable or powerline adapters.

Wireless connection problems

If you look at the guide for the Voyager modems, ypu should be able to work out the settings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

The whole point is that I don't want to add cables or if I can help it buy new hardware.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

then your stuck

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi Keith

I just had a look at your guide about the voyager modem and it gave me the idea to try it on an edimax 7228apn, my question is that in the guide it makes no mention about configuring the wireless. Do we make it match what is on the homehub i.e the ssid and security??

Thanks

P.S once configured will keep you posted?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Set the wireless to a different channel. You can use the same SSID if you wish, but some devices can get confused, so yo may like to change it slightly.

0 Ratings