cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

VAT Invoices PLEASE!!!

I recently transferred our Broadband provider to BT (Early December 2012).

It’s a domestic ADSL and calls product but it is also used for my home business on occasion. For this reason I specifically requested and confirmed with BT that I would receive VAT invoices, with a separate VAT element and a VAT number. Legally this should be standard for any vat registered company but I just wanted to make sure I was being clear. Of course, no problem was the answer.

We paid up front £126 and I had to chase and chase and chase for a bill and requested each time that it must be a VAT invoice. Each time I was told no problem. Eventually when I had almost lost the will to live a bill for the £126 did arrive and guess what? It was not a VAT invoice!

Many calls later I kept getting promised the same thing and still no invoice. Then on another call I was told that BT couldn’t provide VAT invoices as it was impossible! Eh???? I hope you can imagine my frustration by this time.

Eventually I was speaking to a very helpful chap in a UK call centre who promised to escalate this issue to some senior billing team or something. It was touch and go for a couple of days but eventually some senior board member or something must have said it was ok and I had a call back from the helpful chap who said I could have the elusive VAT invoice for £126.

Wahay! Don’t worry he said, as you registered and requested for VAT invoices all your future online ones will be VAT invoices. Brilliant. Only taken a month.

So the VAT invoice for £126 did indeed arrive and today I logged on with Glee to print off Januarys VAT invoice. Was it a VAT invoice? Nope!!!!

I now refuse to call them again as I will end up with a heart condition. I just do not have time to deal with a company who just doesn’t seem to actually understand the simplest of customer requests or just promises anything to get rid of you and does nothing to process what you asked for.

So does anyone please know what I can do just to get a monthly bill with a vat number and the vat displayed on it? I mean it’s hardly rocket science is it?  I can send a customer a PDF VAT invoice before you can say tax man!

It’s a pity as the ADSL service seems good. Better than my last provider and part of my reason for trying BT was I was looking for a new provider for my clients (I work in IT). I have about 80 ADSL circuits to transfer but simply based on the failure of their billing people it isn’t going to be BT.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: VAT Invoices PLEASE!!!

this is a customer help customer forum and your posts do not go to BT - only BT employees are forum mods

I would suggest you contact the mods who have others in the past with your problem.  If you use the search facility you will find others 

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the reply.  My reason for posting on here is that I assumed that with it being a BT owned forum there would be employees monitoring the forum who would respond as well as other users who have had similar problems.

I have been unable to find anything using the search facility which doesnt seem to work properly (could be me so Ill try again).

Appreciate the link though and have sent the same info to the billing team.

Its just got to the point where I just dont think anyone at BT will do anything for me.  Perhaps a member on here has had a similar issue and somehow found a solution.  It can just be me surely.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

search facility works ok - I just searched for 'vat invoice' but change from 'board' to 'comminity'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Great thanks.  Yes it does and boy have I found a can of worms which I just added to.

Seems Im not alone and as far as I Can see nobody has found a solution just packs of lies.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

You will get nothing from BT.  Their Managing Director, Customer Services, Warren Buckley, is either totally incompetent or is a figment of someone's imagination.  I would suggest that you write to HMRC  saying that BT are breaking the law and expect them to pursue BT as they would pursue you and to copy this letter to your MP suggesting their appears to be one law for the rich and mighty and one for the rest of us. You might also like to copy Ofcom.  But don't forget to copy all this to the said Mr Buckley. BT are totally frustrating but appear to have a monopoly despite what Ofcom/Government say.

I am currently going down the same route as you so you might be sensing my own frustration!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Actually I think I have sorted it.  I thought I had posted the outcome but it may well have been on another thread.

After many phone calls and posts it seems I eventually spoke to the right person and now my bills for my domestic broadband package appear online with a VAT invoice option.

I had quite a few people at the BT call centre say it wasnt possible, then a few who were UK based promise to sort it out and eventually it worked.

So dont let them tell you its not possible.  Please use this post as proof that it is.  Should we really have to have such a fight though to get a simple invoice?

Regards

Barry

0 Ratings