cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 77

Re: VC 019 PS5 error

I’m on sky broadband and had the same issue. Worked for me too. Thanks for sharing
Message 52 of 77

Quick update from Sky: they're still investigating but notice that when it fails, IPv6 goes down completely and the PS5 stops being able to call home. They're trying to find why, and whether it's a symptom or the cause of the BT Sport app error.
I can't seem to find an option to turn off IPv6 on the PS5, but if you have the option to turn it off on your Sky router then that could be worth a try - nothing to lose by trying.

Note: I've passed on the observations here that disconnecting and reconnecting the network immediately before playback sometimes helps.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 77

Just tried turning that off on the sky router and I'm pleased to report it has now fixed the issue. Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 77

Hi @DarrenDev 

Can you please advice how to turn off IPv6 on the PS5 or sky router? Then I will give this a try.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 77

As I've mentioned @Nabeel_7087 I couldn't find a way to turn off IPv6 on the PS5. As a BT employee, I don't have Sky broadband so don't know how to change the settings on their router. 😀

@Jk86 would you be willing to share instructions?

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 77

No worries @DarrenDev thank you for letting me know. Yes please @Jk86  could you let me know how to do this on a sky router? Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 77

https://www.eopenbox.co.uk/sky-vpn/

I followed this step by step guide.

Message 58 of 77

OK, so the good news is that Sky have now confirmed that there's an issue with IPv6 on the Sky router and their dev team are working on it.

Disabling IPv6 from the router settings will resolve this issue, but this is done at your own risk - it may cause issues with other services or devices on your network.

Message 59 of 77

@DarrenDev  Just caught up on the thread as I am having the same problem. Do we know or have an idea of when we will be updated from sky? I don’t want to have to turn off the IPv6 on the router incase there are issues caused elsewhere

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 77

I can confirm that having disabled IPv6 on my sky hub has resolved the issue. No devices in your house will be using IPv6, this is rarely used and mainly only in use for large enterprises, so disabling it for a home router will not have an effect on your devices.

0 Ratings