Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpayne111
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

VC006 Error in BT Sport App (W10)

Go to solution

Hi,

I am midway through my 3 months free subsciption to the BT Sport app via EE. I use the app via Windows 10 on a fairly new laptop.

All has been fine until today - when I go into the app now, I can see the schedule but clicking on any channel to watch live results in a VC006 error (Sorry, there was a problem playing the video. Please try again..). 

I have tried logging out / in, uninstalling / reinstalling the app etc. Nothing major has changed on my PC other than the usual Windows updates, none of which seem relevant here.

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks.

Darren

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
ColinB_Sport
Retired BT Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: VC006 Error in BT Sport App (W10)

Go to solution

Hi Darren,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having trouble. Can you check that your date, time and timezone settings are correct? You could be seeing this error if your time isn't quite right.

Kind Regards,

Colin

0 Ratings
dpayne111
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Colin, it worked....but only when I set my time back 1 hour i.e. set it to 5:40 pm now !!

Very strange but all fine now.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
ColinB_Sport
Retired BT Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Darren,

I'm glad that worked, though you shouldn't have to set your time back an hour to use the app. Can you check your time zone settings? If set to London/UK it should currently be at GMT+1 (BST).

Kind Regards,

Colin

0 Ratings