cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CapnPatch
Beginner
Message 1 of 128

VC017

Hi, I am getting error code VC 017 when I click Watch Now.  Any idea what this means, anyone?

0 Ratings
127 REPLIES 127
bobgull
Beginner
Message 2 of 128

Re: VC017

Getting the same thing. Using win7 with firefox, chrome and IE all give 6002 an error has occurred. err: VC017.

Vision box, android and Iphone apps work OK.

0 Ratings
leesa99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 128

ditto! 

0 Ratings
the_prime
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 128

I'm getting the same thing as well when I'm attempting to view it through the PC.

Tried it through an ipod and it works fine.

0 Ratings
zampangry
Beginner
Message 5 of 128

Ditto - so whats the solution?
0 Ratings
the_prime
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 128

Still getting this 6002 error and VC017 thing on my main PC, but I can watch BT Sport on my wife's Laptop!

The 6002 error is a DRM related error:

The license acquisition failed. This error occurs when the MediaElement is in the AcquiringLicense MediaElementState. One possible reason for this error is that the Silverlight Client cannot connect to the license server.

So, does anyone know how to get around this?

0 Ratings
dereklthomas
Beginner
Message 7 of 128

Same here. Nice to see BT respinding to the questions. Are they all asleep or just watching BT Sport.

0 Ratings
the_prime
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 128

Any update on this error?

0 Ratings
Paul12
Beginner
Message 9 of 128

Live Player Error Message VC017

I set up BT Sport yesterday, successfully installed Silverlink on my PC, & re-booted but when I log in and click "watch now" and then "watch" the live video player, it remains blank and returns the following message: "6002 An error has occurred. err VC017".

Has anyone seen this before? It is not listed in the "need help with video player" link

Other videos on BT sport work ok.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

0 Ratings
the_prime
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 128

Re: Live Player Error Message VC017

You're not the only one with this problem; there is another thread asking for a solution to this, but one hasn't been given to us yet (maybe because of the amount of other problems at the moment).

I have 3 devices that are capable of getting BT Sports:

Desktop PC - The one that gets the 6002/VC017 error.

Laptop - Runs OK

iPod 4th Gen - Runs OK

So I know BT Sports is working for the account that I have.

I know that the 6002 error is a DRM error, which is a 'Licence Acquisition Failure'.

I've got silverlight installed, I've uninstalled it, tried previous versions and still the 6002/VC017 error keeps coming up.

I've compared the PC to the Laptop and cannot see anything at the most basic level that is different between the two. I don't want to be going any deeper as I don't have that kind of knowledge and I don't want to be messing with my PC.

Does anyone have a solution? 

0 Ratings