cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eakxh03
Beginner
Message 31 of 128

Re: VC017

I'm getting this VC017 error as well come on BT sort it out..

0 Ratings
the_prime
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 128

After some research I've found that the error code 6002 that accompanies the VC017 error is a Silverlight DRM error, found here (you may need to scroll down):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc838192(v=vs.95).aspx#error_handling

For those of you who don't want to open the link:

'6002: The license acquisition failed. This error occurs when the MediaElement is in the AcquiringLicense MediaElementState. One possible reason for this error is that the Silverlight Client cannot connect to the license server.'

However, I haven't found anything to solve this problem.

Also it is NOT an account problem, as I get the 6002/VC017 error on my Desk Top PC, but I can access BT Sport through my wife's Laptop and my son's iPod, through the same wifi connection.

So that suggest to me that it is something local on the PC or Laptop getting this error, but I've no idea what that could be.

Hopefully this is of some help to someone.

0 Ratings
andyP
Contributor
Message 33 of 128

I agree with the_prime that it's something to do with DRM and I've been playing with different ideas / settings for the last hour or so.  One of the ideas was a possible corrupt Silverlight plug-in which MS has a Fix-It for, unfortunately it didn't help me.

In case anyone wants to give it a go in the hope it helps them the fix-It can be found here.

I'm positive it's a setting / application on the local system that's causing the problem; currently I'm getting the VC017 error on a Win 8 Pro manufacturer preinstalled system, if I swap the drive for one which I have a clean install of Win 8.1 Pro Preview on I do not get the error and can stream BT Sport without problems.  Another system with Win 7 Pro also has no problems connecting, this was on a line where Virgin is the ISP which reinforces why I'm positive it a local system thing.

0 Ratings
johnmcf
Beginner
Message 34 of 128

OK it's now 10.37pm and I've stopped getting the VC017 and I'm getting the VC010 error on each of the two btsport channels and the ESPN channel. Although I'm only looking on this laptop and no other devices and I've logged off and on again. somebody suggested deleting cookies in IE but others have done that to no avail.

I think we should all go to bed and hope they've sorted everything tomorrow. I've missed an SPFL game tonight.

I reckon it's free for now as we the clients are actually the testers (but cannot reclaim fees for a poor service). But when the glitches are sorted they'll start charging us.

0 Ratings
andyP
Contributor
Message 35 of 128

To get rid of the VC010 all you need to do is delete the BT cookies and refresh the browser page. Doing so will probably require you to login again, but gets rid of it.

@johnmcf wrote:

I reckon it's free for now as we the clients are actually the testers (but cannot reclaim fees for a poor service). But when the glitches are sorted they'll start charging us.

I certainly understand how you feel, I'm not exactly thrilled with the situation myself, but think that may be a little on the harsh side; I've spent years repairing notebooks and investigating / trying to solve similar problems.  The biggest problem is often recreating the error if you are not receiving it, it's often more difficult than solving it when you are receiving it. Smiley Mad

StuartH has acknowledged and recognized that members are experiencing this problem earlier in the thread, here, and I'm sure it will receive due attention. Unfortunately in my experience it's sometimes not easy or straightforward; if it was we probably wouldn't have the need for forums. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
PB18
Beginner
Message 36 of 128

Hi There

I'm getting the same error message as everyone else here - can you please keep us up to date on this problem, it;s not a great way to start the service?

Cheers, Paul

0 Ratings
Daver61
Beginner
Message 37 of 128

Just adding my name to list of unhappy sport fans!
0 Ratings
MobileChicane
Beginner
Message 38 of 128

Yep same here on my Windows 8 PC, my Windows 7 PC is fine...C'Mon BT Hmmph!
0 Ratings
CapnPatch
Beginner
Message 39 of 128

Having started this thread, I'm sorry to see it going on unresolved, and apparently unaddressed by BT.  I think what must have happened is that a tester found a scenario in which the stream wouldn't work.  He gave an error code to it, VC017, but then "fixed" the problem, and so didn't promulgate the code to the support team.  The problem wasn't actually fixed and so the support team are scurrying around trying to find out who came up with VC017 and where he's now working. It was probably Edward Snowden, who has more important things to concern him.

0 Ratings
johnmcf
Beginner
Message 40 of 128

Just to record it's 10.30am on Saturday and I'm back from VC010 to VC017 on all three channels.

Happy  somebody replied to my 'harsh' criticism, at least it's feedback and lets us know somebody's reading this thread and actioning the difficulty. If more people record in here then it flags up as more pages on the board and therefore a more serious issue. I encourage everyone to drop a line in here if they have the VC017 problem.

I'm on SOny Vaio core i7, 3.6Mhz, IE10, Windows8, Silverlight5,

Is there a microsoft silverlight problems board? perhaps its not btsport, but silverlight has the problem with other video streams and someone has resolved it?

0 Ratings