cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldm
Beginner
Message 81 of 128

Re: VC017

I did say I didn't care, but thanks anyway.

Paul

0 Ratings
Words
Contributor
Message 82 of 128

Installing PlayReadey and re-booting has fixed things here as well. 🙂

0 Ratings
TryingNot2Swear
Beginner
Message 83 of 128

I'm glad I could help some people. This page might help people who get the 6002 error.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/6002-error/td-p/1144015

I never had this problem, so I never thought about it. If you don't use privacy software, some cookies can stay on your system (even after clearing your browser's cookies). Software, like the one mentioned in the link, can clear hidden cookies  and other stuff from your system. Maybe this will solve the problem for some people.

Like I said, I never thought about it before, but maybe people with the 6002 error have hidden Silverlight cookies stored on their systems.

I can't guarantee it will work and it may be that you need some of the cookies for other websites, so try this solution at your own risk.

0 Ratings
hetster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 128

well finaly managed to get it working by installing playready and latest silverlight and then rebooting (reboot was the key)

now to try and get this ti stream to my ps3. silverlight is notoriously hard to stream but i'm sure i will find a way around it till BT decide to bring out ps3 / xbox 360 apps

0 Ratings
the_prime
Aspiring Contributor
Message 85 of 128

0 Ratings
MobileChicane
Beginner
Message 86 of 128

Thanks the_prime ^^^^^ worked for me 🙂
0 Ratings
Martin_Gibson
Contributor
Message 87 of 128

The solution linked by The Prime above, originally posted by Jamesd on the other thread, works for me as well.

0 Ratings
the_prime
Aspiring Contributor
Message 88 of 128

Don't thank me, thank Jamesd. He's the one who has come up with this solution.

All hail Jamesd Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
ComicBookGuy
Beginner
Message 89 of 128

OMG it works for me as well, time synchronisation issue. My Windows 7  was already set to internet time "time.message.com". so I switched it to another setting and then back to "time.message.com", updated it and now I'm watching tennis on Sport 2.

I've cut and pasted the fix from JamesD - thank you thank you thank you thank you 

"

Re: Err 6002 has occurred errVC017

Try setting your PC to get the time from the internet (Control Panel -> Date and Time -> Internet time)

If that's already set try unsetting it and resetting"

0 Ratings
Inspiration26
Beginner
Message 90 of 128

Nice one.

It was the clock on mine. Working perfectly now........

Try setting your PC to get the time from the internet (Control Panel -> Date and Time -> Internet time)

If all ready ticked, untick apply, tick apply again. BRILLIANT..  

0 Ratings