Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: VERY Slow Infinity - 8 or 9mb

does you master socket look like iether of these

fibre SSFP.jpgtest socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reverend2100
Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Nope.

Here's what I have, apologies if they aren't in order:

this is our 'master socket'this is our 'master socket'this is where the line comes in from the polethis is where the line comes in from the poleThe wires that come from the roofThe wires that come from the roofthe grey wires go into this and a single wire comes from this to the 'master socket''the grey wires go into this and a single wire comes from this to the 'master socket''

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

thanks

is that the filter we can see connected to socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reverend2100
Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Yes, brand new (have tested 2 filters).

0 Ratings
Reverend2100
Contributor
Message 15 of 22

I don't want to hog the moderators 🙂 but what were your thoughts on this then?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

the estimated speed shown on the email are higher than the recent dslchecker figures which show your connection speed is within estimated speed  how long have you had fibre?

do you have any other phone sockets apart from one pictured?

0 Ratings
Reverend2100
Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Yes there are other sockets but they are all extensions that are coming from the one I pictured.

Also, and I hate to be a stickler, but BT's email said GUARANTEED minimum of 13mb.

Now I know BT are a bit slippery, but guaranteeing something in writing is going to be tricky to wriggle out of.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

to save going through the 'guarantee' this may help  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/infinty-disgusting-1st-week/td-p/1617190

as I asked how long ago was that estimated speed as it does not tie up with the dslchecker results.

unfortunately as you do not have a test socket you cannot eliminate your internal wiring as causing a problem with your conenction especially if some of the internal wiring is old

0 Ratings
Reverend2100
Contributor
Message 19 of 22

"The minimum guaranteed speed you can expect from your BT Infinity will be 13Mb."

This was in an email from BT on the 10th April.  So just about 3 weeks ago when I placed the order.  None of the internal wiring is old - the only old wiring is external. 

It's BT's responsibility. I need an engineer.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

then phone customer services and get engineer visit    you normally have to agree to pay the £129.99 charge should the problem caused by your setup or internal wiring.  if no problems found or problem outside your home then there is no charge

Faults  0330 123 4567

0 Ratings