Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Springwig
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

VMC020 Error

Hi,

I installed the BT Vision+ box on wednesday (31st July) and everything was working correctly including the 18 extra Infinity channels, BT Sport and PSB HD Channels. After watching BT Sport and ESPN HD perfectly yesterday, this morning I can no longer view the SD or HD BT Sport 1,2 or HD ESPN. ESPN SD works correctly as does the 18 additional channels.

Selecting BT Sport throws the message 'You'll need to subscribe to watch these channels' with error code VMC020.

I definitely have subscribed to BT Sport and can view it on my PC and mobile phone.

Entitlement Info:

BT Admin 2/8/13

MLTV1 5/8/13

ESPN, PSB HD, Essential Extra

How can I make my BT Sport work again?

Thanks,

🙂

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
stephenhenley
Beginner
Message 2 of 19

Re: VMC020 Error

I have exactly the same problem and unable to get through to customer services or get a call back.
0 Ratings
eflanders
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

Yep can see espn standard and no other sports or sports hd
0 Ratings
ben11s
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

yep, seems they have messed it up , so no suprise there then ,,, same for everyone i have spoken too that cant view it without sub message

0 Ratings
stephenhenley
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

I spent an hour on the phone to technical support yesterday who tried a few things but were unable to solve the problem. They said it was a sales issue. Got through to sales fairly quickly (no surprise there!) and they said that everything was set up correctly. Said that I should contact technical support. After another 30 minutes on hold to tech support they were unable to provide a solution and escalated the problem. Said they would phone back after 12 noon today. All quiet so far.
0 Ratings
Richard999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

memo to Ian Livingston...........................

0 Ratings
jaypea
Regular
Message 7 of 19

I too have exactly the same problem as Springwig but in addition when I try to view BT Sport on my desktop I can select what

is available to watch but as soon as I click on the player I get the following message "6000 An error has occured". Under a watchful eye I allowed the BT Techie to access my machine. Many things were tried (some of which I had already done

myself) but to no avail. I must say that the Techie was helpful, (on for about an hour and a half). I am still awaiting a result. Previous to this I did not have BT Vision so it has cost a few extra bob.

0 Ratings
ddrury
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Me too,

Told fault was to be escalated to level 2 support and was promised a call back with 24hours .... zzzzz. Letter to high level complaints in production (no expectations for any help on this fault but at least I'll feel better!)

0 Ratings
eflanders
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

Fixed finally after been pushed all over the place finally got through to a tech support guy who could tell the difference between the online sports pack and the tv sports pack. He then put me over to the sales team and I was fortunate enough to get a manager who was doing overtime and he realised that indeed the sports pack wasn't on my account so he added the sports pack and hd pack for me. And now all working! Only after 2 and a half hours over 2 days on hold and then being disconnected.

Easy way to check if it's on your account or not is checking your enrollment settings and it should say bt sports as an option if not its not there....
0 Ratings
andylloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 19

Hi folks. I'm getting the SD sports pack but not the HD even though its flagged on the account.
Entitlements say Sport SD but nowt else.
I've got a VOL number and its been raised to 2nd line apparently as there is a fault!
Kind Regards
Andy
0 Ratings