Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 36

VOIP phone not working on Home Hub 5

Go to solution

Hi,

I've a IP phone that was provided by my employers so that I can work from home when required.  It was working perfectly for years  - and then all of a sudden the other party cannot hear me (but i can hear them).

It was working on the HH5, the only change to my setup was that I was upgraded from Infinity Option 1 to unlimited.

When I connect the phone it connects to a server in work which then dowloads config and then provides a VPN into work so that its just like i'm sitting at my desk. all connects ok, but as I say when a call is placed, the other party cannot hear me but I can hear them.

I've did the following:

1. Factory Reset the Router

2. Factory Reset the phone

3. Tried 3 different phones and also a softclient application on my computer.

4. Checked that my Hub IP Address is the same as my Public IP Address (Which it is)

5. Disabled the Web Address Help.

Phone gets allocated an IP Address by the Hub.

My Boss has the same setup (and Broadband provider) has no problems with his setup.

I've contacted BT twice - 1st time I was put on "Hold" and stayed that way - basically the call placed on hold until I hung up.

2nd time I was told that it would cost me to get this resolved. (even though it was working in the first place.)

I was wondering if anyone could help? The setup is that I plug the phone in and it works. (well it did!)

I didn't have to make any alterations to my hub.

I'm in close contact with the company who provide our company with phones, and they have explained (in detail!) their findings and how they belive that either my HH5 or the broadband is causing the issue.

Thanks.

Mac

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 36

Re: VOIP phone not working on Home Hub 5

Go to solution

Have you uninistalled BT Parental controls? They may have been automatically enabled when you changed your package.

These are network based, and you need to login to MyBT to actually unistall them. Simply disabling them, will not work, if you are using alternative DNS servers.

Also disable Smart Setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 36

Go to solution
Hi Keith,

Thanks for your response.

I disabled Smart setup after I did the factory reset and the Family controls were never activated (just confirmed that they are currently not installed).

Mac.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 36

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 36

Go to solution
Thanks for those. Read through them and all posters seem to be having similar issues

My Hub firmware is as follows

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 (Type A) Last updated 13/01/15

I'll maybe drop a mod a message and see if they can help.

Thanks Keith.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 36

Go to solution
the mods only post their contact link by invite if they read your post they do not reply to Private messages
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 36

Go to solution

I will ask them to contact you. Please do not send a PM.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 36

Go to solution

No Problem Keith, Appreciate the Help.  

Mac.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 36

Go to solution

Hi Mac_Taylor,

We'll be happy to get this looked into if you use the contact the mods webform to send over your details, including your Hub serial number.  You'll find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 36

Go to solution
Thanks Neil, email Sent via the webform link in your profile.

Mac.
0 Ratings