cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: VPN (and now internet) won't work after switch to Windows 10

Hi Licquorice - I wonder what has changed ? Before I upgraded to W10 I had the parental controls on, and I could use the VPN fine. I never had a problem with DNS etc.

What has W10 changed that now stops me using the vpn - what settings do I need to tweak (I assume on the PC, not the HH)  to get back to the settings that my pre-upgrade PC had which allowed me to maintain parental controls and use the vpn ?

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Hi - I've had another thought. I originally installed the Cyberghost vpn software about 18 months ago, using Windows 8.1, and I don't recall having any issues with DNS etc and it all worked smoothly. I wonder if I uninstalled & reinstalled Cyberghost, would it configure itself to work with Windows 10, apply the necessary appropriate DNS settings itself ?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

Having neither W10 or a VPN I'm not sure what else I can suggest. Has the upgrade made any changes to your VPN settings?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

Posts crossed. Yes, might be worth re-installing cyberghost

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Hi Licquorice - I've removed / reinstalled Cyberghost but it will not allow me to choose a server outside of the UK. I assume this is due to the BT parental controls so I have asked BT for the PIN to enable me to switch off the controls (temporarily). I will try to install Cyberghost without parental controls in place and if the VPN works, I will then try to reintroduce the parental controls to see if Cyberghost will still work after that.

As mentioned, when I originally installed Cyberghost, alongside the BT parental controls, I had no problems at all connecting via the VPN, so I am bemused the update to W10 is causing such issues.

Many thanks for your help.

Scooby99

0 Ratings