cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Variations in IP Profile

I am a fairly new upgrader to Infinity (6 weeks) and since installation I have been keeping a pretty close eye on speeds I have been getting.

Reading the posts on this forum I get the impression that factors like noise on the line will cause a drop in IP profile in order for the line to stabilise and that this process can take upto 2 weeks to correct itself.

My question is this, I have noticed significent variations in my IP Profile over the course of a few days - as follows:-

22/3/13     72.41

23/3/13     54.63

25/3/13     73.00

26/3/13     66.92

27/3/13     61.44 (am)

27/3/13     77.44 (pm)

30/3/13     66.92

31/3/13     69.18

Just for clarification, these figures relate to the IP Profile not the actual measured downliad speed which of course also varies.

Just wondered what would cause this and is it indicative ao some underlying problem?

btw, upload speed also varies but upload spped profile is always 20

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Aarong
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Variations in IP Profile

Is the modem or router re-syncing or are you disconnecting them? Upload speed profiles are always 20Mb, upload speeds work differently to download speeds and can change as much as the downlod speed.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Had a couple of incidences where the Hub has lost broadand connection but the modem has not powered doen at all since it was installed

0 Ratings
Bald_Eagle1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

@rubble2 wrote:

Had a couple of incidences where the Hub has lost broadand connection but the modem has not powered doen at all since it was installed

It must have resynced a few times (probably 'on the fly') as IP Profile is based upon sync speed, approximately 96.79% of sync speed.

You can roughly work out your sync speeds from the various IP Profiles by multiplying IP profile by 1.033.

e.g. if IP Profile = 77.44, sync speed would have been around 80Mb.

0 Ratings