cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FraserBaws
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Very brief lag spikes - please help!

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me with a small problem I'm having.

I've began to notice that I'm getting very brief spikes of lag during internet browsing/gaming/skyping and teamspeak sessions.

It mainly occurs when I use TeamSpeak or Skype. For the most part, everything is fine; however every 10 minutes or so I won't be able to hear anyone else (other users can't hear me either) for a few seconds. It may not sound like a big deal but when it repeatedly happens and I'm trying to have a conversation with someone it can be very annoying indeed. I thought it may have just been a problem with TeamSpeak but I have noticed the exact same problem happens with Skype as well. I also have lag spikes during my gaming sessions.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem or what I could do to fix it?

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
FraserBaws
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Very brief lag spikes - please help!

Well, thanks for all the help I suppose.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

are you using a wired or wireless conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
FraserBaws
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I'm using a wired connection.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is reads your post and feels they can help
0 Ratings
FraserBaws
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

That's fair enough.

0 Ratings