cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Very short disconnects

OK, I'll be sure to do another test when it starts then, it's not all the time but it's enough to really annoy me. I'm used to having a really stable connection but for the last month? it just hasn't been.

0 Ratings
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

OK it just happened again and I did a line test and there was a very feint, intermitant crackle. I'm going to report it now.

EDIT: I did the automated line test and it said it couldn't find a problem, but there was definitely a faint crackle on the line. I used a corded phone. What should I do now?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

@SteveBB wrote:

OK it just happened again and I did a line test and there was a very feint, intermitant crackle. I'm going to report it now.

EDIT: I did the automated line test and it said it couldn't find a problem, but there was definitely a faint crackle on the line. I used a corded phone. What should I do now?

You have a high resistance line fault somewhere which will need to be looked at. It could be a corroded crimp connector in the cabinet, or something similar. A line test will not show it.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 14 of 15

Hi @SteveBB,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

Thanks very much @Keith_Beddoe for the referal and @PaddyB for responding, I have sent an email using the link in your profile.