cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: Very slow Connection

It has risen to about 7 before the router resets.

0 Ratings
AaronB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 26

Update.

I have left the line connected for 4 days and have not noticed any change in connection speed. I have done the quiet line test in the master socket with a hard wired phone and it sounds really "quiet" no pops, crackling or whining. I have installed a brand new micro filter and there are no other sockets or any other peripherals attached to the socket except the micro filter adsl cable and a telephone. There are still alot of FEC events I have no idea what is causing these although having interleaving on means that these are mostly being corrected. Does anyone have any ideas? Shall l contact a mod and see if i can get my IP profile reset as it seems to be stuck?? I dont want miracles i have had a 2Mbps connection for years and thats was fine but it seemed to have just hit a wall and plummeted through the floor!

Connection Information

Line state:Connected

Connection time:3 days, 20:59:17

Downstream:8.681 Mbps

Upstream:798 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38

Type: PPPoAModulation:G.992.5 Annex A

Latency type:Interleaved

Noise margin (Down/Up):6.3 dB / 4.9 dB

Line attenuation (Down/Up):37.3 dB / 22.3 dB

Output power (Down/Up):20.3 dBm / 12.8 dBm

FEC Events (Down/Up):118028952 / 374510

CRC Events (Down/Up):89698 / 3291

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0

HEC Events (Down/Up):1414678 / 10026

Error Seconds (Local/Remote):75236 / 13424

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 417 Kbps

0 Kbps500 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 417 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 100-500 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8888 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 796 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 500 Kbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 623 Kbps

0 Kbps796 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 623 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 796 Kbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 26

contact the mods http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

it can take and sometimes does take 5 dyas for profile to change but it will probably be that by the time the mods contact you.  if it changes great if not then mods will sort it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
AaronB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Oh dear, ohdear. We recieved a phone call today when i was online and thats when it happened! The modem instantly dissconects. I have not noticed this before as we have very little use of the landline. I have unplugged everything but the modem and phoned the landine from a mobile phone and it instantly disconnects again?? But if i make a phone call from the landline it adds massive lattency to the games i'm playing and webpages i'm browsing.This means its nothing my side of the socket? What can cause this problem? Is there anything else i can check??

many thanks .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 26

have you tried another filter and see if that helps.

you can also try disconnecting your phone and then phone your home with mobile and see if it still disconnects - this wll rule out your phone as a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AaronB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 26

HAve tried 2 old filters and a brand new one have also tried it with everything unplugged except the router and still it disconnects when i call the land line.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 26

then as I said before contact the mods for assistance - could be high resistance fault on your line

AaronB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Have been in contact with a mod and he has gone through everything he can so now an engineer is booked for monday. Hopefully this will sort it. But gotta hand it to the mods they were very good a tribute to BT. Also thanks to imjolly for your help in fault finding.

Will get back to you how it turns out.

0 Ratings
AaronB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Right here is where i am at now. 2 engineers have visited and they found the line from the exchange to the pole was faulty. They have switched to a new cable and the random disconnects from phone calls have gone and i had a wonderful connection for a day. Now i find that when i leave my modem on for a while  (about 24hrs) the connection has dwindled to a snail's pace (0.5Mb) even tho my sync speed is high and ip profile are high?? I then reset the router and do a speed test and its instantly back up pto a 6.5Mb conection this is the second day in a row since the fix this has happened so this time i have taken the stats before I reset and in 1 hour when i can do it again I will post up the stats for after the reset. Any ideas?

ADSL Line Status

Connection Information

Line state:

Connected

Connection time:

0 days, 21:07:18

Downstream:

8.712 Mbps

Upstream:

784 Kbps

ADSL Settings

VPI/VCI:

0/38

Type:

PPPoA

Modulation:

G.992.5 Annex A

Latency type:

Fast

Noise margin (Down/Up):

6.6 dB / 6.1 dB

Line attenuation (Down/Up):

37.3 dB / 22.5 dB

Output power (Down/Up):

20.4 dBm / 12.8 dBm

FEC Events (Down/Up):

0 / 34333

CRC Events (Down/Up):

1695483 / 24227

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):

0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):

0 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote):

0 / 0

HEC Events (Down/Up):

1073150 / 205604

Error Seconds (Local/Remote):

57548 / 24226

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed

161 Kbps

0 Kbps

7150 Kbps

Max Achievable Speed

Download speed achieved during the test was - 161 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2000-7150 Kbps.

Additional Information:

Your DSL Connection Rate :8920 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 784 Kbps(UP-STREAM)

IP Profile for your line is - 7000 Kbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed

605 Kbps

0 Kbps

784 Kbps

Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 605 Kbps

Additional Information:

Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 784 Kbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your ISP to investigate the fault.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 26

your connection looks good at 8.7mb and your profile should be 7150.  The real problem is your throughput/download which is only 161 instead of about 6500.

you need to contact the mods again for assistance  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951