Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wobblynic
Message 1 of 3

Very slow broadband!

Hi

Would anyone be able to offer any advice on this problem please?  Over the last week or so the speed of my broadband has dropped dramatically.  I don't know what it was before but it's now so slow that I can't download uni lectures or even watch short video clips without it stopping every few seconds.  My download speed is currently ranging from 0.17 - 0.5 ish mbps.  I've had a few live chat sessions with BT and I've checked the obvious things.  One person told me that there was disturbance on my line, saying they'd reset my profile from the exchange and return my call within 48 hours, no call came and there's been no improvement at all.  I received an email today saying from their end all seems fine, but its clearly not! 

I notice that some of you are posting figures - where do I find those please? 

I'd be grateful for any help you could give since I'm losing the will here! 

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Very slow broadband!

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

To enable forum members to help you, could you please read the web page that is shown below, which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.

When you have done that, please follow the instructions at the end, and post the results here, so members can offer advice. Thank you.

Speed and disconnections

also

Which type of master socket do you have, and where is your BT home hub plugged into?

One of these

NTE5_fl[1].jpg

Or one of these

LJU2_front[1].jpg

Or if you are lucky

One of these

adsl faceplate.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Very slow broadband!

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the   adsl stats  from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) bt speedtester  and post the results .

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings