0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Very slow connection

Go to solution

if you are using IE9 change to compatibility mode

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for that lol.

Hello here is my problem, on Friday night my connection went down for about 5 hours and reconnected with poor speeds off download 156kpbs and upload off 350kpbs I have contacted BT 3 times and still nothing is been done to resovle this.

Can you please help. this is not good.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results.

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Do you have any phone extension sockets in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
PortStatusTxPktsRxPktsCollisionsTx B/sRx B/sUp Time
WANPPPoA4806511518201029898502:31:52
LAN10M/100M8120427209035124324:20:52
WLAN11M/54M/270M2249261154360152731424:20:44

ADSL LinkDownstreamUpstream
Connection Speed7360 kbps448 kbps
Line Attenuation26.0 db14.0 db
Noise Margin16.0 db26.0 db

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
119 Kbps

0 Kbps250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 119 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7360 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

One off the times I contacted BT the did a line test and said everything was ok.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

you connection time is only 2+hrs have you been resetting the router hoping to improve your speed or has it been resetting on it's own?  your noise margin is high at 16 and will come down  and with your attenuation I would expect the speed to go back to 8128.

The real problem is your profile is rock bottom 135 probably due to the disconnections.  you need to stay connected 24/7 with no resets for 3/5 days and your connection should return to normal

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

yes i was working at the router earlyer trying to improve this connection.

and thank you for your help I give it 5-6 day as you suggest and let you know the result.

thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

hello the noise margin drop slightly from 16 to 15.4 last night and today it went back up to 16 again and now droped to 15, has it had kept droping I wouldnt be so bothered but i dont think my ip profile is going to rise again on it own, where do i go from here. because 135kps is not acceptable

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

your noise margin drops over a day probably by 2 or 3 db - starting high about lunchtime and dropping to lowest about 11ish then rising again till high at lunchtime and the cycle starts again.

you need to stay connected 24/7 for 3/5 days and your profile should rise automatically - it's only a day since your post.

after 3 days and it's still at 135 then post your stats and btspeedtester and then fill in form for mod assistance  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Everything back to normal again thanks for the helpSmiley Happy

0 Ratings