Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dunners
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 44

Re: Very slow download speed after 1 month of 8-9mb Download

Right, is it ok to unscrew and try the test socket with the set-up here (shown in the last post image) ?

If so I will show the results from the test socket.

Thanks

Sam Dunning

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 44

all your disconnections have resulted in your linebeing in a banded profile which should release in 3+ days stable connection.  your master socket is not helping your broadband - looks like na nte5 master with a splitter falling to bits connected and maybe another splitter connected to first one.  where do the 2 grey wires go at right hand side - extension sockets?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 44

yes just take front off being careful incase wires atteched to the back then post new stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dunners
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 44

I will let you know where the wire on the right hand side is going, when I find out!

I shall take the front panel off in the next hour or so and post the new stats asap.

Thanks

Sam Dunning

0 Ratings
dunners
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 44

Also is there any way to improve my master socket?

What is a banded line?

Thanks

Sam Dunning

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 44

depends on what the wires at RH side are - normally extension sockets would be connected to terminals 2 & 5 on back of detachable plate.

banded profile is nothing to do with ip profile.  it happens when your line is dropping connection often and the exchnage puts your connection in a banded profile to stabilise your connection - usually a lower speed and high noise margin.  the banding should release automatically after 3+ days stable connection but can get stuck sometimes and need mod help

0 Ratings
dunners
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 44

I think the cable on the right hand side is an extension cable that goes out into our living room, with noting pulgged in on the other side.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 44

is the upstairs extension connected to the backplate of the master?

0 Ratings
dunners
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 44

Yes I believe the cable from the upstairs phone socket goes down to the backplate of the master

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 44

so connecting to the test socket will eliminate all your internal wiring and then see what new stats you get

0 Ratings