cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nat1
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Very slow infinity broadband, service keeps dropping out, unusable internet in the evenings-Help!

Can anyone help?

I have looked through the forum and tried to run the dignostic tests but dont seem to be getting any joy with regards to increasing my speeds.

My infinity is so slow its no better now than when i first had broadband on the old line. I have reported the problem to BT who say there is no fault and i have a stable connection. I intermittently get crackling sound on my phone line, but again BT say no fault on my line. I am getting so frustrated!

Here are the pictures of the diagnostic tests i ran, I dont understand them, apologies im useless with any of this stuff I have no idea what to do when i cant just 'plug in and go'! Is anyone here able to assist me? I would really appreciate it.

My broadband line comes in to the house behind my smart TV, it has a DSL socket on top, with a phone socket underneath to which i have a filter with a double socket for my phone line and my sky box phone line connection.

I have tried moving the router away from the tv to reduce any interference, but it doesnt make any difference.

FullSizeRender [13231].jpgIMG_7382 [13227].JPGIMG_7383 [13229].JPGIMG_7385 [13233].JPG

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Very slow infinity broadband, service keeps dropping out, unusable internet in the evenings-Help

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nat1
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Re: Very slow infinity broadband, service keeps dropping out, unusable internet in the evenings-Help

Hi, yes the line test is quiet at the moment, i tried that earlier, but periodically for no reason our end- there is crackling on the line. Sometimes only lasts for 5 minutes, sometimes longer, but i have called BT whilst its happening and their line test says no problem?

I have tried the troubleshooting points, and have no joy. I have even disconnected every other device using the connection and tested the speed again on my laptop plugged in via Ethernet to the router, and its still only coming out as a 1.4- 1.7 mbs.

Any other suggestions? Shall I just move provider would that help?!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

if you are using the rhh5 then I need you to post some conenction information by going to troubleshooting in hub manager ( not running troubleshooting) then gp to helpdesk and post the stats you now see

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
nat1
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

test.JPGtest2.JPG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

your connection time is very short due to router dropping the connection and this has resulted in very high noise margin and low conenction speed. If you are still getting line noise on quiet line test then you need phone 151 and get an engineer visit to fix the noise problems. If you can get rid of line noise then your broadband will prove

nat1
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi thank you for your assistance, I have called bt and am awaiting further investigation from their higher network technical dept?!
Apparently they can find no fault on either land line or broadband although phone operative also heard noise on line and can see broadband speeds are low. I'll await a solution soon hopefully!! Cheers
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 9

Hi @nat1,

Thanks for posting. As @imjolly has mentioned, you need to get the line noise sorted before the broadband will correct itself. If you don't get anywhere with the faults team let us know and we'll step in for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
nat1
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Thank you David,
I'll let you know- fingers crossed!
0 Ratings