cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GAllison
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Very unhappy customer !

I was offered a deal over the phone to get my broadband upgraded to Infinity, great I thought and placed and order.

Everything was fine, I got several emails confirming my order and the time slot for installation.

The starter pack arrived as promised and on the day of installation I took half a day off work to wait for the engineer.

My time slot was between 13:00 and 18:00 but by 16:00 I was a little concerned that he had not turned up, I rang the automated order line and got a positive response that the Engineer was still on his way. By 17:30 I was more concerned and got through to an operator who told me that an Engineer was not coming and that they were sorry. Apparantly the Engineer should have called me to tell me the bad news, they were sorry he hadn't. They said they could re-arrange the appointment and would credit my bill with £10.

So, half a day off work, no infinity, 6 hours wasted, I am not a happy customer.

My plan is to cancel my order, cancel my phone line and tell as many people as possible about this poor service unless of course BT want to keep a customer

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Very unhappy customer !

was your phone with bt?
0 Ratings
GAllison
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Yes, phone rental is with BT. I paid a year in advance at the same time as ordering Infinity.

0 Ratings
coutts99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Good luck!

It took 4 weeks (after my go live date) and 7 engineers visits to get my Infinity working!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 9

was it with bt before infinity though?
0 Ratings
coutts99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

No it wasn't, but that doesn't really excuse the absolute appaling series of events though does it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 9

didnt mean you sorry
0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

GAllison,

One possible problem with your proposed course of action; if you intend taking out a fibre broadband deal with someone else instead, the other ISPs all use BT's connections and modems so you'll still have to have a visit from an Openreach engineer to install it all.....

0 Ratings
GAllison
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Yes,had normal broadband giving poor 3mB

0 Ratings