Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 23

Re: Very very SLOW speeds.

mods ususually can take 2/3 days to respond

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 23

Just while im waiting for the Mods to get in touch. In the last 24 hrs 1405kbps is the best i have achieved. Just out of interest what is the "tap3 test" you get the option of, if your results are below the acceptable level, and does it actually work as i can't get it to.

Results Image not loaded

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 658 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 658 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 23

I have never got test 3 to work so don't bother trying anymore  The standard information is sufficient to let me know how my connection is doing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 14 of 23

Hi Damian99,

Sorry for the delay in geting back to you, I have just replied to your email!

Cheers
Chris BT Moderator Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 23

Thanks very much for the response and taking the time to get back to me, also for the help, it's much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 23

Once in the hands of the MODS how long does it take before something starts to get sorted. I did receive an email from them on sunday saying that it had been passed on and would take up to 24 hrs and then they would get back to me, but as yet i have heard nothing else since.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 23

then email ChristopherP and ask about progress

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 23

I have already done that, that's why i am now asking on here. Can anyone give me his email to ***********@btinternet.com just to make sure i have sent the email to the right person. I assume replying to the email he sent me, should have got to him ok??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
damview
Contributor
Message 19 of 23

Same here - AADSL link is about 8Gb but if I try and download anything it comes in at a REALLY SLOW 4 - 20 kbs.

Slow and useless.

Looks like BT is broken somewhere - disgraceful service.

No notice on broadband main page of a problem but there is obviously a BIG PROBLEM.

BT - please sort ASAP - I'm don't pay you to give me SLOOOOW speeds - all day today.

MAybe its because you are using Hub3?

I'm on Hub 2 - can I have a Hub3 please as it may solve my problem!

Please sort!

0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 23

I don't think it matters at all which Hub you have, i have tried ALL of them and it didn't matter. My problem, as far as i have found out, is at the exchange side of things. I am hoping that this gets sorted out and it is in the process of getting done(i hope) but i haven't heard back, when i was told it could take up 24 hours and we are now pretty well past that.

I appreciate there are obviously others with problems and things maybe take a little longer than they normally should, but my patience is beginning to run out, with what for the most part has been an excellent service.

0 Ratings