cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 6

Video: 1969 Technology predictions from the GPO Research Department

Hi everyone

This video made by some BT boffins (GPO Research Department) in 1969 about predictions for technology in the 1990’s made me smile…so thought I would share it with you all… Many of their predictions have come close to the truth in recent years with video calling, wireless and internet comparison sites! 🙂

What do you think about the predictions? And what would be your technology predictions for the next 20-40 years?

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Video: 1969 Technology predictions from the GPO Research Department

Wow Kerry, this is interesting!

Clearly the ideas that we now use today were around back then [so was I!], it just took some time for the technology to allow their application to come to fruition.

Not altogether dissimilar to the early 'Star Trek' episodes, much of that is around now as well.

I would expect three-dimensional non-screen imaging data/communication to be not too far down the road ahead.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

@AllanQuatermain wrote:

Wow Kerry, this is interesting!

I would expect three-dimensional non-screen imaging data/communication to be not too far down the road ahead.

Pardon !!

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

probally something like r2-d2 has on starwars that little projector thing

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

@AllanQuatermain wrote:

Yes, they've already brought out a 3D TV, where one does not need to wear glasses. (In Japan, that is).

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 6 of 6

I remember thinking that we would all be travelling around like The Jetsons (cartoon) by now! 🙂

Who has been watching the 3D TV available here (with glasses)? I read early reports where people felt quesy watching them... has anyone experienced that?

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings