cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

View box keeps giving a black screen

I had a new box installed in February and every now and again the screen goes black and silent for about 3 seconds. I am now having to revert to tv only to stop it happening. Very annoying! It never happened on my old box. I have done a reset which worked for a little while but now started again. It is on 1080i.  It was installed by a BT engineer. Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: View box keeps giving a black screen

I'd suggest first of all trying a different hdmi port on your tv and also a different hdmi cable as both of these have components in that can fail over time...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I did that but still interference. Today BT TV was not working at all just a snowy screen but TV itself working fine so think I have a faulty box. Turned everything off for 10 seconds and now working again. What do I do now?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

You'll need to bite the bullet and call faults and report it.. let them know that you've tried replacing all the cables etc and they should post you out a new box... 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

This is currently a common issue on VirginMedia's V6 and on SkyQ - mainly with LG tvs.

Posting you tv details may help.

@Tezzabearwrote:

I had a new box installed in February and every now and again the screen goes black and silent for about 3 seconds. I am now having to revert to tv only to stop it happening. Very annoying! It never happened on my old box. I have done a reset which worked for a little while but now started again. It is on 1080i.  It was installed by a BT engineer. Any suggestions?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using BT Hub 6A with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR).
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I have a Panasonic TV! 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

did you find a way to fix this?
0 Ratings