cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Virgin and BT internet in the same house - not working

Hi there, 

I recently moved home with my parents, they already have virgin media in there house, when I went to disconnect my BT from my old property I was told I would have to pay £400 in charges, so instead I decided to move the internet to my parents and have them both in the house. BT said I would need a new line installed, when the engineer arrived he said I didnt no matter how many times we tried to explain to him, and connected to ports I already had upstairs which were extentions my dad had put in for the virgin internet, since then the Virgin media hasnt really been working at all and the BT infinity connection is lower than 10 - so something must be wrong. Everytime I call they just claim to refresh the line and fix it, in the end my parents have got sick of no internet and unplugged my BT and straight away Virgin works again. 

Any body got any advice on what could be the issue? 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Virgin and BT internet in the same house - not working

get engineer back as there is obviously something wrong with way it is connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I've tried! but BT are being really difficult about it! They keep telling me they'll get one out, then they dont turn up, I call back and they havent booked one.  It seems as though they are both using the same line, because when the BT has been unplugged the virgin works instantly again, but whenever I try to explain this over the phone they tell me I'm talking nonsence.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

As you having problems getting engineer to sort out their problem see if mods can help get engineer visit. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @jmall

Welcome to the community and thanks for your posts!

Sorry for the problems you're having using your broadband since you've moved back into your Parent's house.  @imjolly is right, something isn't right with the way the broadband is connected.

Send us over your details and we'll help sort this out.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings